Our global work
In a world where 1.4 billion people will be 60+ by 2030 and over 60’s will exceed 15-24 year olds, the Encore Network looks to expand the encore movement in collaboration with organizations and individuals around the world who view longer lives as an opportunity for our countries. At the United Nations in 2017, Encore.org CEO and founder, Marc Freedman, set a challenge to spur “a revolution of social and cultural innovation to engage millions of people of 50+ in solving social problems around the world”.
To further that aim, the Network:
- Connects leaders
- Shares messages, writing, research and programs
- Spreads news of other successful programs to raise their visibility and foster learning
Engage with the Encore Network
- Read our Spotlights and learn about innovative encore programs
- Use our Encore Network resources developed for emerging encore leaders around the world
- Join the Encore Network
For details and news on encore programs led by Encore Network members around the world, explore the countries listed below.
Contact: Helen Hirsh Spence, Founder/CEO, through the Top Sixty Over Sixty website.
Contact: John Orian, Founder
en3karriere (A Third Career) was founded by Poul-Erik Tindbæk. He is a social entrepreneur, lecturer and author on the transition from work life to a new career in the third age. Through his organization, Paul-Erik offers guidance, workshops and counselling on the difficult transition from work life to an encore career in later life. In 2012, his workshop model was awarded by the European Commission for Social Entrepreneurship.
Contact: Poul-Erik Tindbaek
This translates into two goals:
- Changing the perception and self-perception of mature and older adults tapping their energies.
- Offering mature adults specifically tailored opportunities to serve the community, particularly with regard to younger generations
Kaumatua is the tribal name of elders in Māori culture where they are held in high respect and provide guidance to future generations.
Contact: Odile Robotti, Founder
Contact: Lynda Smith, Founder
Contact: Maud Motanyane, chairperson, [email protected]
Contact: Hyeyoon Ayleen Jung, Policy Development Division
“Global Trends in Innovation” Report Spotlights Seoul 50Plus Read more
Seoul 50Plus International Forum – three days of learning, connecting and global dialogue Read more
Contact: Carrie Deacon, Head of Social Impact Innovation
Contact: Jonathan Collie, Co-founder
Contact: [email protected]