- This event has passed.
Rethinking Volunteerism: Transforming Disruption to Impact
November 30 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EST
For generations, engaging volunteers has been a critical strategic element that communities use to solve problems. The pandemic disrupted society’s reliance on volunteers. Yes, disruption can be devastating, it can also release us from the tyranny of doing things “the way we’ve always done them.” Disruption invites us to revisit, rethink, and reinvent the way we achieve our missions.
Our featured presenter, Beth Steinhorn, will share stories of organizations that unlocked their potential in the face of disruption. She will also share the lessons these organizations learned, which you, too, can apply, regardless of what the future holds. The program will also be a preview of the new book, Transforming Disruption to Impact: Rethinking Volunteer Engagement for a Rapidly Changing World, featuring co-authors Beth Steinhorn and Craig Young. Craig Young is a member of the Encore Network Leadership Council and is founder and executive director of Inspiring Service.
- Explore the landscape of disruption, including issues of ageism, which affect volunteer engagement and nonprofit operations;
- Hear exemplary stories of organizations that engaged volunteers with great impact in recent years;
- Glean lessons from nonprofit leaders who invested in staff and volunteers instead of slashing budgets during turbulent times;
- Consider how to rethink impact and how to measure it in your organization;
- Learn more about the importance of intergenerational strategies in volunteerism.