It’s time to introduce Encore Network to three of the most prominent journalists who write regularly on topics related to the encore mission. The more they know about us the more effectively we can partner to put useful information and resources into the hands of the population we jointly serve.
During the October program, members will have a chance to learn what these journalist are writing about and how we can best support their work. We hope this will help build and maintain a reciprocal team effort through which we contribute to their success just as they contribute to ours.
Join us to meet and hear from three of the most important, yet fun and engaging, writers in our field:
- Rich Eisenberg, managing editor of Next Avenue and editor of its Work & Money channels; author of two books on personal finance.
- Kerry Hannon, columnist/contributor to Next Avenue, MarketWatch, NY Times and others; author of numerous books on over-50 work and personal finance, with a new book coming out this fall titled “In Control at 50+: How to Succeed in the New World of Work.”
- Chris Farrell, senior economics contributor to Marketplace, columnist for Next Avenue, Star Tribune and others; author most recently of “Purpose and A Paycheck: Finding Meaning, Money and Happiness in the Second Half of Life.”
This program will be presented in three parts:
- We’ll interview our guest journalists about their work and how we can be helpful to them.
- They’ll interview us about our work and how they can help us.
- We’ll have a discussion led by your questions and their answers.
This is a program you won’t want to miss!