The Encore Network invites you to join us in celebrating Workforce Development Month, commemorated each September by governmental organizations, businesses, and Chambers of Commerce. You will learn more about:
- The role that over 650 Workforce Centers and Boards across the US play in supporting older adults in seeking and securing work.
- The new Employers Guide created by The Encore Network to help workforce centers and employers adopt age-friendly policies and practices.
- The policies and practices workforce centers use to support older adults and how they educate employers.
You will also learn about emerging workforce trends affecting older workers from five experts in a question-and-answer session. They include:
- Melanie Anderson – Interim Director & Executive Vice President, National Association of Workforce Boards
- Karen Brown – CEO, iAging & Commissioner, Colorado Commission on Aging
- Guadalupe Hirt – Blogger & Midlife Strategist, Dear Middlescent
- Helen Hirsh Spence – Founder & CEO, Top Sixty over Sixty
- Janine Vanderburg – Moderator – Co-Founder & Senior Strategist, Changing the Narrative