New Models of Intergenerational Mentoring: Lessons Learned from the Pandemic
The Encore Network is pleased to announce its program for April: “New Models of Intergenerational Mentoring: Lessons Learned from the Pandemic.” The topic will be presented by a panel of experts and volunteers working in organizations whose mission is to connect young people with older adults for the purpose of mentoring and free-flowing information – in both directions.
The moderator and several panelists are Encore Network members:
- Sara Zeff Geber, PhD, Panel Moderator, Speaker and Author, Essential Retirement Planning for Solo Agers,
- Dana Griffin, Co-founder & CEO, Eldera,
- Mary Click, National Tutoring Director, Oasis Lifelong Adventure,
- Tonya Wiley-Robinson, Strategic Partnerships & Community Engagement, AARP Foundation Experience Corps,
- Wes Enicks, Executive Director, Generations Incorporated
The program will focus on virtual volunteering and mentoring, the changes and pivots that were brought about by COVID, and what has been learned from the past year. The one-hour program will include ample time for audience questions and additional perspectives.
This monthly Encore Network program is free to active members. We respectfully request that if you are not an active member that you choose the Guest category and pay $15 to attend. Of course we welcome you to join the Network so you also can attend these special programs at no cost.