Networks thrive with a mix of “come one, come all” activities and smaller group connections. After our August affinity group kickoff for members who support encore seekers, we’re getting ready for a fall meeting — and helping members connect in other ways.
We’re scheduling our fall meeting – check dates here. Why sign up? We’ll develop 2020 plans and identify short-term opportunities. One priority: identifying smaller-group topics of interest, for instance “making the 50+ Expo an encore-friendly event,” “resources for one-to-one coaching,” “entrepreneurship training best practices,” “making my program more multigenerational” and whatever generates heat in our meeting.
Don’t wait for the meeting. Take action now.
- Your expertise wanted! We’re working on a learning calendar for 2020, with members organizing and leading sessions. Tell me what you’d like to cover.
- Fellow members have questions, you have answers. Elizabeth Mahler, Encore Howard County lead, is looking for assessment tools to use with individuals in an encore transition and organization models for encore programs.
- Book club launch – several members are up for organizing a quarterly book club. Send book suggestions and requests to participate to Betsy Werley.
- 15 more minutes of fame – Samela Dingus, Las Vegas-based founder of Your Next Option, is launching a YouTube interview series. Contact her to learn more and tell her about your work.
- Join our Facebook group, the best place to connect 24/7 with colleagues.
For more information, contact Betsy Werley.
Published September 19, 2019