The second half of 2018 is right around the corner. I’m energized to share Network plans for the next six months, and recap what we’ve accomplished so far. Together we’re making a big contribution to the encore movement – please keep me posted on your many and varied activities.
If you’re not a member…now is the time. Join here.
Second half preview: more value, more ways to participate A look ahead at our next six months:
- July: in our brief member survey, we’ll ask how the Network can do more to support your work and what you value In your membership.
- August: we’ll roll out new member-only features including an easy-to-use member directory and an online forum to help you connect with other members
- October: want to make your work more inclusive of diverse communities? Get practical advice for your programs/outreach in our October 16 webinar
- November: meet other Network members face-to-face at the Encore Leaders Summit in Los Angeles – as well as journalists, researchers and the wider encore community. All members will receive a registration discount. Look out for registration info in July.
Along the way, we’ll invite members to help plan the summit and continue our Encore Network Connect conversations, where you meet other members and get ideas to support your work.
We’ll also benefit from Encore.org’s activities including the September Public Voices Fellowship launch, the November 13 publication of Marc Freedman’s new book How to Live Forever:The Enduring Power of Connecting the Generations and the Gen2Gen Encore Prize.
Looking back What did we accomplish in the first half of 2018? Our 103 members represent 25% growth. Renewals have been strong – the best indicator that the Network is enhancing your work.
We stayed focused on our big goals: connect you with other members and Encore.org, raise your visibility and put encore content in your hands. Highlights include:
- Encore Network Connects put you directly in touch with other members
- Diversity and inclusion continued to be a priority with regular member learning sessions.
- Network webinars offered fundraising advice, insights from Age Wave research and a deep dive into two members’ programs.
- Weekly encore news roundups packaged media stories and announcements in an easy-to-share format
Summer slowdown? Not a chance. Our January-to-June momentum and ambitious plans for the rest of the year guarantee even more value for your membership dollar.
Published: June 26, 2018